We embrace daily, a quality management system that ensures that our policies and objectives are well documented, understood, implemented and maintained. The Quality Management System is certified to ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2015 Rev. D/Full Design, Manufacture, Test & Certification.
As an AS9100 certified company, we look at customer satisfaction as a goal. All customer needs are taken into account. Customer needs are better understood as customer feedback is sought, received and analyzed. Goals and objectives are adjusted based on the information and the organization becomes more customer driven. As our goals focus on the customer, the organization spends less time focusing on individual goals of departments and more time working together to meet our customer needs.
When AS9100 is implemented in an organization:
- Well defined and documented procedures improve the consistency of output
- Quality is constantly measured
- Procedures ensure corrective action is taken whenever defects occur
- Defect rates decrease
- Defects are caught earlier and are corrected at a lower cost
- Defining procedures identifies current practices that are obsolete or inefficient
Why should a company get AS9100 Certified:
- Internal operational efficiency
- Lower production costs because of fewer nonconforming products, less rework, lowered rejection rates, streamlined processes and fewer mistakes.
- Many organizations are asked by a customer to obtain certification as a requirement to continue or to start doing business with them.
- Organizations are recognizing that an effective Quality Management System leads to reduced costs and greater operating margins.
Here at General Electrodynamics, we have a well designed, certified and implemented Quality Management System based on AS9100 and ISO 9001. We have seen improved product reliability, better process control, and flow management, documentation of processes, greater employee quality awareness, and a reduction in product scrap, reworks and rejections.
Commitment to Quality
The foundation of General Electrodynamics Corporation’s success is our employees. Our commitment to continuous improvement and meeting the customer’s expectations is the foundation for achievement of high standards and our quality objectives. Above all, we strive to satisfy our customer’s needs well beyond the time of the sale.
General Electrodynamics Corp. (GEC) believes that quality must be internalized at every level of our organization. Our approach to communicating and implementing these principles is one of support, encouragement, and education throughout our corporate environment. With ongoing individual training and education, we provide our employees with the resources, tools and knowledge they need to embrace the GEC quality philosophy. We train our employees to know the value and importance of quality and instill those fundamentals into our manufacturing and assembly processes. Our employees are committed to continually improving the reliability of our product and services through measures of high standards. Our quality philosophy is paramount to financial and other corporate objectives and is emphasized in every facet of the Company’s operations. Not only is quality expected, but performance, reliability and longevity continues long after the sale. We know by delivering quality through each and every product shipped, our customers are getting the unsurpassed value they expect and deserve when purchasing from GEC.
Click here for our technology and services today!